Werner changed the topic of #armbian to: armbian - Linux for ARM development boards | www.armbian.com | Github: github.com/armbian | Commits: #armbian-commits | Developer talk: #armbian-devel | Forum/Twitter feed: #armbian-rss | Type 'help' for help | Logs: -> irc.armbian.com
<stipa> light speed
<nekomancer[m]> 200mb good speed for 1-2 human house. but can be not enough if more consumers.
<nekomancer[m]> 3 streaming TV and 2 men try to work remotely — 200mb will be not enough.
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> why
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> I have 2 tv and 3 computers 2 tablets and a phone
<stipa> 200 mb could be fine for 20 people
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> on all the time
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> yes
<stipa> maybe not for 4K streming
<nekomancer[m]> could be fine for 100 people too — but not in all cases
<nekomancer[m]> because of latency
<nekomancer[m]> dsl asymmetric
<nekomancer[m]> and upstream fast goes ad
<nekomancer[m]> bad
<nekomancer[m]> video conferecing, remote desktops, remote schoo;ing asks for uplink
<stipa> zoom is like around 1Mbs
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> most i know are not doing remote desktop or high uplinks
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> they upload school work at night
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> and video conf is 2 to 3 times maybe in a day short 20/25 min calls
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> so I dont see people doing that high
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> and I know loads of developers
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> alot c companies did away with remote desktop because of the office bandwidth cost
<nekomancer[m]> our country schoolers have 2-3-4 hours online, with video.
<stipa> yeah, teachers do it all day
<stipa> but zoom is very economical
<stipa> i have no idea how they do it
<nekomancer[m]> my boss set video meeting for 1.5 hour long 2 times a week — and it's without work meetings, it's just "status meetings"
<nekomancer[m]> not all use zoom
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> not ere they do 2 hors total with online video
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> other then that they do audio and txt msgs
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> and they only do about 4 hour days now
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> then the rest is on them to complete task
oida has quit [Ping timeout: 252 seconds]
<nekomancer[m]> the world is huge and full of variety
<stipa> exactly
oida has joined #armbian
<[TheBug]> Mazda - Zoom Zoom - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0ikW7pVa_I
<lanefu> yeah i mean you can do a lot with traffic shaping and QoS.. i used to have to run a call center voip over 3mbit of t1 circuits and be able to assure tgheir apps were responsive and that when i copied files to their network everything still worked
<stipa> that stuff doesn't help with 4G because speeds change all the time, on something static it's a must
<stipa> traffic shaping doesn't just save some money but makes system functional
<stipa> as well
<lanefu> yeah.. before i implemented it. their data entry web app was super slow
<stipa> right, i come across somewhere that it's used by ISPs all over the place as well
<stipa> [TheBug]: are you a mazda fanboy?
<lanefu> pinebook pro battery life still rocks
<[TheBug]> lol no, you guys just kept saying 'zoom' and reminded me of that comercial
<stipa> oh
<lanefu> [TheBug]: you running Xen on any SBCs?
archetyp has joined #armbian
<[TheBug]> hmm no
<[TheBug]> is ther xen kernels for Arm
<[TheBug]> if so I would try it :D
CrashTestDummy2 has joined #armbian
CrashTestDummy3 has quit [Ping timeout: 252 seconds]
CrashTestDummy3 has joined #armbian
CrashTestDummy2 has quit [Ping timeout: 252 seconds]
CrashTestDummy2 has joined #armbian
CrashTestDummy3 has quit [Ping timeout: 255 seconds]
CrashTestDummy3 has joined #armbian
CrashTestDummy2 has quit [Ping timeout: 255 seconds]
phipli has quit [*.net *.split]
iwamatsu has quit [*.net *.split]
attah has quit [*.net *.split]
BluesBoy has quit [*.net *.split]
MrFixIt has quit [*.net *.split]
ikmaak has quit [*.net *.split]
mpmc has quit [*.net *.split]
HerculeP has quit [*.net *.split]
DarkG has quit [*.net *.split]
softpaw has quit [*.net *.split]
Kamilion has quit [*.net *.split]
TheCoffeMaker has quit [*.net *.split]
BluesBoy has joined #armbian
HerculeP has joined #armbian
phipli has joined #armbian
iwamatsu has joined #armbian
attah has joined #armbian
DarkG has joined #armbian
MrFixIt has joined #armbian
Kamilion has joined #armbian
TheCoffeMaker has joined #armbian
ikmaak has joined #armbian
mpmc has joined #armbian
softpaw has joined #armbian
CrashTestDummy2 has joined #armbian
CrashTestDummy3 has quit [Ping timeout: 252 seconds]
tiggilyboo has joined #armbian
CrashTestDummy3 has joined #armbian
CrashTestDummy2 has quit [Ping timeout: 252 seconds]
tiggilyboo has quit [Ping timeout: 252 seconds]
tiggilyboo has joined #armbian
tiggilyboo has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
Toasty has joined #armbian
CrashTestDummy2 has joined #armbian
CrashTestDummy3 has quit [Ping timeout: 252 seconds]
archetyp has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
DarkG has quit [Excess Flood]
DarkG has joined #armbian
archetyp has joined #armbian
peterm6881 has joined #armbian
PPAChao is now known as PPA
<nekomancer[m]> Why to run XEN in 2021?
peterm6881 has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
<tomreyn> ask aws, they should know
<Armbian-Discord> <l​anefu> Yeah even aws has been using kvm for most of their instances now
<Armbian-Discord> <l​anefu> I imagine firecracker was extra motivation
CrashTestDummy has joined #armbian
CrashTestDummy2 has quit [Ping timeout: 258 seconds]
archetyp has quit [Quit: Leaving]
archetyp has joined #armbian
The-going has joined #armbian
The-going has quit [Quit: Konversation terminated!]
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> good morning
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> All Devs Please report to the meeting hall
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> I call the Armbian Slackers meeting to order
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> lol
<lanefu> definietly gonan let rich run the next one
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> heheh
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> look the Head Slacker made it
<lanefu> #startmeeting Caracal
<lanefu> pay attention armbian helper
<lanefu> Werner: WEEEERNERERRE!
<lanefu> :P
<martinayotte> Hi !
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> hi
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> werner must went fishing, seems offline
<lanefu> haha
<lanefu> im looking at the bot real quick
<lanefu> #topic check-in
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> its time for #topic check-in
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> REN = Desktop Dev Reporting as commanded
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> @Tonymac32 seems here?
<lanefu> Igor gonan poke bot for another minute.. i thikn i just need to add myself as a sweet user
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> take your time
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> we are focused to fixing bugs in this release, so it should be more straightforward
<lanefu> @ArmbianHelper #startmeeting Caracal
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> i can't access to werner bouncer at all
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> i would call for improvisation
<lanefu> haah i have access im in hte config now
<lanefu> adding myself as owner
ArmbianHelper has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
ArmbianHelper has joined #armbian
ArmbianHelper has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> leave it.
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> we can have just a normal log this time, better then loosing time.
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> lost 18 min already
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> 18 min i want back
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> 10 i
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> first 10 are reserved for boot-up an ppl to show up
ArmbianHelper has joined #armbian
<lanefu> @ArmbianHelper #startmeeting Caracal
<lanefu> #startmeeting Caracal
<lanefu> okay okay
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> technology is on strike 😉
<lanefu> #topic check-in
<lanefu> who's here
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> i am
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> tonymac32 was spotted
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> might be
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> Tony
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> martinayotte
<martinayotte> Me too
<lanefu> #topic late topics
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> desktop development
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> ok, lets put this on agenda
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> it is anyway as a part of the build system
<lanefu> if you look at docs its on agenda :P
<lanefu> so for extra topics.. IMHO there's 2.. there's the Odroid uboot stuff-- https://github.com/armbian/build/pulls
<lanefu> and the userpatches topic that exploded and kinda died https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/2915
<lanefu> so we'll cover that on open issues ig uess
<lanefu> okay
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> ok
SteeMan has joined #armbian
<lanefu> #topic development Allwinner
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> here we have more or less minor issues, except H616
<lanefu> have we had any major changes, fixes for allwinner
<lanefu> okay
<lanefu> H616 still in poor shape?
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> A20 https://armbian.atlassian.net/browse/AR-712
<ArmbianHelper> AR-712 [Bug] "Broken framebuffer on A20" reported by Igor Pecovnik at 2021-04-03. Status: To Do
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> @martinayotte did you have time to look into this yet?
<martinayotte> On my side, I must admit that I'm a bit late doing AllWinners builds, due to my daily job, but I will try to catch up...
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> perhaps its gone
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> and bluetooth is mising on some board
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> its like adjusting firmware and loading magic. someone reported mission on Neo air 3 ...
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> H616 is to me in unknon state, but i guess we are still away from stable
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> my pine h64 works now ok
<lanefu> what kernel and distro?
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> edge, focal
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> but i think the problem is in u-boot, like with a few others
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> on A20 i had to go back with u-boot since it ended up in bootloop, sometimes
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> in general, my test farm is stable with allwinner
<lanefu> okay interesting
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> i would say we proceed to others, allwinner has those bugs that are in the jira
<lanefu> #action make note of pineh46 clock issue and uboot.. at least test
<lanefu> yeah
<lanefu> everyone's favor
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> if we can to clear them before release, otherwise after
<lanefu> #topic development Amlogic
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> here we have a bunch of vims to sort out 😉
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> nanpi k2 s905 has extremly volatile network
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> n2 new boot loader took a lot of work and suceess?
<lanefu> according to rpardini yes
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> so it is stable after all?
<lanefu> don't know :P
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> ok, i also didn't review it yet
<lanefu> n2 enables odroid 2015 u-boot for legacy and current
<lanefu> okay sounds like for n2 it does the legacy
<lanefu> yeah.. takea look and merge if you're good
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> se we only have legacy u-boot and legacy kernel combo ? hthe rest is mainline based?
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> this is how i understand on a quick scan
<lanefu> yeah. i'll go back adn confrm again
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> ok, things are moving. what about other critical questions?
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> in meson64
<lanefu> need to go back and clean up GXL X11 configs
<lanefu> they'er wrong / broken...
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> so we have a better solution then https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/2983
<lanefu> goal is to use modesetting driver w/ o accel i believe...
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> mine works, but i assume modesetting is better - if it works
<lanefu> yeah... hyphop explained a bit that it does work if you maks one of the /dev/dri/cardX devices
<lanefu> which is weird
<lanefu> so i wanna figure out how to do it right
<lanefu> @Tonymac32 what were you sharing earlier about X11 configs.. is that related?
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> error is telling that some card devices are missing, yeah
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> Yes I think it is
<lanefu> realyl wanna get that right iwth modesetting.. because that's what lets xrandar etc set resoltuon adn do all the good things we deserve
<ArmbianHelper> AR-835 [Bug] "Amlogic GLX desktop fails" reported by Igor Pecovnik at 2021-07-05. Status: In Progress
<lanefu> #action https://armbian.atlassian.net/browse/AR-835 fix this correctlyl Tony had some ideas and we have some ideas from khdasa as well
<ArmbianHelper> AR-835 [Bug] "Amlogic GLX desktop fails" reported by Igor Pecovnik at 2021-07-05. Status: In Progress
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> The Amlogics apparently don't always have card0 as the video output. Without the "boot VGA" available x uses card0 by default
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> ok, if my fix is good enouh, merge it, otherwise merge changfed. i am unable to test 😉 obviously
<lanefu> Not good enough :P
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> AR-820 what about this?
<ArmbianHelper> AR-820 [Bug] "Broken Odroid C2 audio patch" reported by Lane Jennison at 2021-06-22. Status: To Do
<lanefu> damn i keep on meeaning to check
<lanefu> #action lanefu do your job on AR-820
<ArmbianHelper> AR-820 [Bug] "Broken Odroid C2 audio patch" reported by Lane Jennison at 2021-06-22. Status: To Do
<lanefu> oh.. and finally.. Khadas VIM3 support
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> this is completly missing out?
<lanefu> once we merge rpardini's patch in theory we'll at least have WIP for vim3
<lanefu> yes... needed mainline uboot first
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> ok, and also there are some bootloader magic troubles, ritght?
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> i couldn't boot vim1 i think
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> I could, but I don't have the khadas firmware on mine
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> so if it is interfering I don't know the magic
<lanefu> Firmware == SPI contents?
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> that would explain. i do have their android on emmc
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> vim2 I have their firmware on and couldn't boot
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> eMMC contents
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> vim2 i could boot easily
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> with or wirthout their fimrware
<lanefu> yeah i mean i thikn you just gotta wipe emmc
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> using their u-boot as a hack or using mainline
<lanefu> that was only way with vim3l
<lanefu> i booted their rescue image, then wiped with that
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> anyway, i would propose to move in vims which works into this release
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> and skip others
<lanefu> k.. currently vim1 adn vim2 are "supported"
<lanefu> maintaining that status?
<lanefu> flag at WIP?
<lanefu> *as
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> yeah, even desktop versiond doesn't work due to desktop bug
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> but this will be fixed at release date
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> ?
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> what happens if we go to mainline u-boot and get rid of the exceptions
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> will it break updates?
<lanefu> .... been wondering about that
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> updates for which board? ž
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> khadas
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> currently those vims were not supported, so upgrade is not a problem
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> using their binary as u-boot, then switching to mainline later
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> but i think it should not be a problem
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> if we mark them "supported" due to an exception to the build process
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> their u-boot loads /boot/boot.scr if found
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> they are supporting armbian per se
<lanefu> lane@billroyall:~/GIT/build$ find config/boards | fgrep khadas
<lanefu> config/boards/khadas-edge.conf
<lanefu> config/boards/khadas-vim1.conf
<lanefu> config/boards/khadas-vim2.conf
<lanefu> config/boards/khadas-vim3l.conf
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> vim3 is not there, so ok with this i guess?
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> we should anyway look on this supported / unsupported in general at the end of the meeting
<lanefu> ohhh my bad
<lanefu> htey were CSc
<lanefu> until i added that khdas branch
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> i think i move them to conf in the working branch
<lanefu> tokay they're already tehre
<lanefu> that's how they are in master as of this release
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> yes, lets move on and look on support list later, perhaps there are other changes
<lanefu> k
<lanefu> last call for amlogic nonsense
<lanefu> #topic rockchip
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> boot loader on rockchips
<lanefu> is there ticket for that? what's issue
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> brb nurse here
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> Rockchip (32-bit) is still on old u-boot
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> Rockchip64 is on all the bootloaders. 😉
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> yesah
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> it needs serious attention and perhaps we are too late for this release
<lanefu> any specific fixes that should be addressed
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> ATF needs bumped to latest, there are some bugfixes there too
<lanefu> #action Make Rockchip Bootloaders priority for next release
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> i don't know specific
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> yes, that would be best, now we can't do much
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> That's why I question the Vim one, Rockchip64 got here via similar means 😉
<lanefu> @TonyMac23 is updating ATF for rockchip a sane-ish thing to do for this release?
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> pinebook pro what is the status ?
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> troubles we had in previous release should be gone
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> ATF should be a very simple one, but I only have a few of the boards it's used on
<lanefu> #action update ATF for Rockchip best-effort for this release
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> I would like to update Tinker 2 and merge it as CSC
<lanefu> yeah PBP seems okay.. don't recall any big complaints..... I need ot reimage mine
<lanefu> Yeah.. i wanna get edgev networking solved
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> are we good to move to "supported"?
<lanefu> #action merge Tinker 2 as CSC
<lanefu> lets call edge V WIP until we feel different about it
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> pine book as suppoprted
<lanefu> yeah... i guess so
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> ok, edge to vip
<lanefu> it was a political tactic to get help
<lanefu> on pro
<lanefu> but yeah i'll move it to supported
<lanefu> #action PBP supported
<lanefu> #action Khadas Edge V flag as WIP
<lanefu> anyting thign else rockchip?
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> fe-som
<lanefu> k what about it?
<lanefu> and is there exsting jira issue?
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> rneese: what is the pinebook pro status now? anything what doesn't work?
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> wip still being worked on waiting for tony to have to=me
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> my pbp dies
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> ah, true, rip pbp
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> another general ? .. enabling 3D on all rockchip64 ?
<lanefu> Igor lets do some sort of twitter post on the PBP.. saying we're seeing mainatiners.. adn that one of our Dev PBP's tied and hasnt gotten any help.... and do some tagging
<lanefu> IgorPec I'd say enable 3d on all Rk3399... do we have sufficient test devices for the 3328?
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> ok, let's do that prior changing to supported
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> waiting for tony to what?
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> 3328 don't know
<lanefu> lol
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> 3328 is Mali450, I haven't tested it yet
<lanefu> k.. lets leave that alone and focus on what's good...
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> so completely different story thatn RK3399
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> also has a goofy HDMI setup
<lanefu> #action enable glamour accel on RK3399
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> more is question - does it work if we enable 3d? performace will not be as good
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> on 3328
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> I can toss that in the pile to test, I was trying to check it on GXL 😄
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> my guess is it will be a performance negative, but I haven't checked
<lanefu> and okay yeah.. on X11 config? i'm confused about where we're trying to standardize config.... in some new boards folder? in the source's config file? in bsp?
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> brb bandage change
<lanefu> im gonna rip the x.org conf out of the pbp bsp
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> configs for desktop should go into desktop-bsp package, but all this wasn't tested properly yet
<lanefu> that was an existing hang that I continued
<lanefu> ...but desktop-bsp has arch and device specific configurations?
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> lets talk about this in the build section
<lanefu> k
<lanefu> #topic Marvell
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> decent comics
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> yeah
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> there is some small movement in the ebin, but i don't really pay attentionm
<lanefu> #info I closed Pali's github issue on ebin ATF stuff. cuz i dont give a shit
<lanefu> it's CSC someoen can submit the fixes
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> there is nobody to take care 😦
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> if pali showed up 2years ago, thing would be different
<lanefu> my helios4 is still bullet proof
<lanefu> yeah
<lanefu> like i've got 3 ebins for a science project for some storage at some point.. i might pick up then
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> that armage is okish and i think there is not much to do there
<lanefu> but just dont eevn wanna see the ticket
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> except keep it up with the kernel, heisath is maintaining that diff
<lanefu> yeah
<lanefu> doen with marvell?
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> i guess yes
<lanefu> okay
<lanefu> #topic other SoCs?
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> xu4
<lanefu> seems to be okay lately i thikn?
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> is working good enough, not sure if mainline kernel is also working well so we could ditch hardkernel kernel
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> we still use 5.4.y there ... some cleaning of lagaxy 4.14.y could be done
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> its pointless to have it
<lanefu> meh.. save it for later
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> also we have to merge special rockchip statituion kernels
<lanefu> #action no action on XU4
<lanefu> okay yeah what's up with this station stuff
<lanefu> why are htey special?
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> because Oleg didn't want to push something not well tested into rockchip64
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> and i didn't have time to do that
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> I have no idea what he actually pushed though
<lanefu> yeah.. but what's unique about the station
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> It's the entire contents of his unified kernel
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> action item is cherry-picking patches and remove this kernel branch
<lanefu> sounds liek testing and risk at this point
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> or revert and add patches to rockchip64, either way
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> i would do this after relese
<lanefu> #action keep Station RK3399 branch out of v21.08
<lanefu> okay
<lanefu> #topic enhahcements (build script enhancements)
<lanefu> ..userpatches overhaul....
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> and adding of armbian-bsp-desktop
<lanefu> safe to say i dont think we'll be doing that this release.. and sounds like there's a lot of approaches on the topic
<lanefu> oaky yeah so i need to understand these new -bsp packages
<lanefu> like what they do, and replace etc
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> Userpatches folder: I thought that would be 20 minute change, but apparently is somehow complex
<lanefu> @Tonymac23 A for effort
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> desktop-bsp-$BOARD packages is for changes that are board related but in desktop areea
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> I'm not going to argue with people for days about a logical structure for a folder
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> Lol
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> so to not have wallpaper and stuff in CLI images
<lanefu> @tonymac23 u cool if i close it?
<lanefu> you got younger. live your life with more risk now
<lanefu> Igorpec so it's just stuff like in /usr/share
<lanefu> anytying else?
<lanefu> thats where the dconf defaults go too i guess?
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> I mean I have no idea how we could ever change anything important if that can't be tweaked without a panic attack :D
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> its for everything that is board specific and deskop, cli package is cli and board
<lanefu> do desktops have cli adn desktop package
<lanefu> or is it either or
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> in previous release we had an issue to pack board stuff into desktop packages
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> which is clearly a design issure
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> they have both
<lanefu> okay
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> just cli doesn't have desktop-bsp
<lanefu> gotcha makes sense. thanks for explaining
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> but also one more
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> if you look https://github.com/armbian/build/tree/master/packages
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> an idea is to get rid of copy magic
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> and have overlays that are common and specific
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> ?
<ArmbianHelper> AR-739 [Task] "Put back mpv configuration to desktop-bsp package" reported by Igor Pecovnik at 2021-05-07. Status: To Do
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> if you move stuff under those folder, things are moved to bsp-cli and bsp-desktop
<lanefu> what is this copy wizardry you speak of
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> explain you mean how it cp the wallpapers and icons and files
<lanefu> yeah seems like a layer of tarballs would be easiest way to overlay?
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> they are cp here
<lanefu> i dunno should learn debian packaging
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> its simple logic
CrashTestDummy2 has joined #armbian
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> debian packaging is done "by the system"
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> our build system is just pulling content from certain sub-folders and make that package
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> we could make wallpaper and icon pkgs that get added
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> I agree
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> the hard part is the configs
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> the problem we have or the mess we have is that current state is a combination of that + "manual" / scripted copy
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> while copy should be done automatic. If you place a wallpaper in a proper folder, it should be included into the package
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> this system is prepared, just we need to understand it and use it properly
<lanefu> IgorPec okay.. taht actually sounds important to "stability"
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> I will dig into making debs a littlle
<lanefu> do we have a ticket that convers this..?
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> no
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> rneese: you don't need to do anything with packaging
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> this is done by the system
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> ok
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> well I was thinking like debs for allpapers and icons
<lanefu> Igorpec okay.. give me title for this issue?
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> when system creates a BSP or whatever package, it compiles if needed, then it copies to some temporally dir and pack
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> that's it
<lanefu> and we can like all work in it, to describe how it should work?
CrashTestDummy has quit [Ping timeout: 272 seconds]
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> title: understand how packaging works and moving to it
archetyp has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> this is the end resoult of desktop / bsp rework which had in mind to clean things a bit
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> i agree and understand
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> but we have poor docs and it was never presented how it works
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> perhaps another action item: finish the docs about this
archetyp has joined #armbian
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> Configuring desktop images in the system has 4 menus or so
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> Can't we just have a default take additional options via the config file/command line?
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> what do you mean?
<ArmbianHelper> AR-840 [Story] "Understand how deb packaging works and move to it (BSP)" reported by Lane Jennison at 2021-07-10. Status: To Do
<lanefu> add subtasks and improve descriptions as we progress
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> understand how armbian packaging works 😉
<lanefu> Tonymac32 those paylodsa can all be passed
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> debian packaging is a subsystem
<Armbian-Discord> Command sent by Tonymac32
<Armbian-Discord> ./compile.sh--> image --> with desktop ---> which desktop ---> which software in which desktop
<lanefu> yes.. all those can be passed as params.. or userpathces. conf file
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> any idea how to change this?
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> other than having prepared config?
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> ok sorry have to leave have to go pick up dog from groomer
<lanefu> :P
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> ok
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> I dunno, it's getting incredibly convoluted to just build a quick image. I thought I'd mention it, I'm sure not going to try to change it so I don't get sent to the principal s office
<lanefu> #action make tony some desktop config files
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> make this fast
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> also one idea which i had, somehow related, is to merge app group and have "small, mid, big"
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> desktop configs how
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> explain
<lanefu> the package subgroups
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> predefined ones?
<lanefu> ci thikn picking those drives tony crazy in a hurry
<lanefu> i'ev soem some config files to that meks this easier
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> + custom where you can do as it is now?
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> Lanefu that isn't the point. I had to walk a few people through using this system recently, and it was a catastrophe. That's where the userpatches change sprouted from/etc
<lanefu> got it
<lanefu> oaky
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> ok
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> quickon working desktops
<lanefu> I think I can help solve those pain paints with some alternate approaches
<lanefu> we can talk about after meeting
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> ok hit me when I return
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> make an action item about this
<lanefu> yeah i am
<lanefu> drafting ticket
<lanefu> #action improve UX of imaeg build process and the chain of menus
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> ok, anything else around desktops?
SteeMan has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
<lanefu> #action imrpvoe builer UX with some simplle fixes.. [AR-843]
<ArmbianHelper> AR-843 [Story] "Armbian Builder menus are getting cumbersome -- improve UX" reported by Lane Jennison at 2021-07-10. Status: To Do
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> Rneese was going to try 32 bit ones
SteeMan has joined #armbian
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> Since XU4 and RK3288 has equivalent GPU to 3399
<lanefu> k..probably a bit late for bringin in 32bit.. but i know there's been a lot of work on that? so maybe its not hard?
<lanefu> oh!
<lanefu> wow really?
<Armbian-Discord> Command sent by Tonymac32
<Armbian-Discord> ...
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> Yeah they're all Midgard
archetyp has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
archetyp has joined #armbian
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> CI ?
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> Cricket noises
CrashTestDummy3 has joined #armbian
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> there are here 🙂
<lanefu> shit sorry lol i got distracted by some client stuff for work
<lanefu> #topic CI
<lanefu> will CI be producing our release images?
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> here we made lots of improvements, but there are some bugs to hunt down
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> we have 2 arm64 and 5 x86 runners but this would be good to expand a bit
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> just to have a backup
CrashTestDummy2 has quit [Ping timeout: 246 seconds]
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> other things in short term .. dunno if anything is needed
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> for download infrastrucuture perhaps @lanefu is more up to date
archetyp has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> in general it function well, also smaller expansion just to be on a safer side
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> #topic Infrastructure - planned/unplanned changes on forums
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> refactoring forum
archetyp has joined #armbian
<lanefu> ah yes. I wan't to get rsync.armbian.com moved over to tnahosting before release
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> yes, that too
<lanefu> #action cutover rsync.armbian.com to tnahosting
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> this forum reorganisation is also important to get some love
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> just don't know how to start? who could take it
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> steeman mad many good points there
<lanefu> yeah... i think best hting ot do is probably just resume the conversation on that thread and just ask for "what should we do next" feedback
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> ok, action item "ping on ..."
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> ok, lets move on
<lanefu> okay
<lanefu> any jira bugs we want to drill on?
<lanefu> or anything else
<lanefu> anybody need a hug?
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> 🙂
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> I need an aspirin
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> Lol
<lanefu> lol
<lanefu> oaky I'm gonna die on this hill
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> Os that my new nickname? Accepted.
<lanefu> We will use an RC branch.. we will publish and "maintain" a Release branch
<lanefu> so what do we have to do on the CI front to make that work
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> fix CI
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> currently there are some issues and some strange issues i can't explain
<lanefu> #action Fix CI and give lanefu what he wants
<lanefu> lol yeah
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> also when things break down it doesn't report as error
<lanefu> i thikn it's just a cleanup adn versioning issue
<lanefu> yeah actually igor
<lanefu> we should figure out how to publish some metrics from teh job
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> if we call out RC branch we would need to switch nighly CI there
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> otherwise it has no point
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> also next level of CI is making testing on actual hardware
<lanefu> there should be both
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> which is also close to deployment state
<lanefu> nighly follows master... RC follows release
<lanefu> but yeah we can probably hold on publishing nightlies as often.. we'll fgure it out
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> but this CI part has to be developed
<lanefu> oh on the CI front, we need some leaner preset optimized for the stuff Rneese wants to test
<lanefu> yeah i know
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> adding more logic to merge request
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> so its tested there, not after is merged
<lanefu> yeah sorry my "there should be both" comment was regarding to RC and nightly
<lanefu> yeah i know we have lots left to add the hardware testing
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> action item - reconstricting CI to support RC
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> i hope this can be done for this release
<lanefu> #action reconstricting CI to support RC
<lanefu> i think its doable
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> just have a backup plan
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> 🙂
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> also another things is ping armbian-config rfc plan
<lanefu> yeah... so we do't have any funding yet, but we're on the next phase of the list for potential candidates?
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> we will be asking for people and pure in some cash - hopefully there will be
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> even we don't get that, we can spent a few thasand
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> also it is possible to run a crowdfunding campaign to get another few
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> this is backup plan
Toasty has quit [Ping timeout: 272 seconds]
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> action plan: ping with a promise to secure some functing
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> funding
<lanefu> #action kick off armbian-config planning and assume we have at least some budget now
<lanefu> #topic release office for next release
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> someone who didn't attent todays meeting ? 🙂
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> i can take over nexrt
<lanefu> #action igor is nex release offier
<lanefu> #topic anything else
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> real life even if covid goes down restarted
<lanefu> ha yeah it did idnt it
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> werner is the organiser, meeting place salzburg austria
<lanefu> oh
<lanefu> ooo
* lanefu should get passport finally
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> we had this idea quite strong, but then covid came
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> Have passport, should travel. Would need bring family
<lanefu> yeah i'm starting to remember
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> i will bring my family in any case
<lanefu> yeah i guess i will too. but my family == my wife
<lanefu> so thats easyish
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> just they wont get drunk with you guys 😉
<lanefu> yeah
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> salzburg is a nice town to visit in any case, been there
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> this is it under #misc i gurssd
<lanefu> haha
<lanefu> yeah
<lanefu> #action goto austria
<lanefu> okay good job
<lanefu> #endmeeting
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> yeah, we are done! thank you lane for having us
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> i'll try to debug CI now
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> link those action items to our main docs
SteeMan has quit [Quit: Leaving]
<lanefu> cool well that was fun despite just a few people and Tony having a headache
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> Haha
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> Also cooking lunch and tracking kittens
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> indeed. i am also just staring vacations and almost slept over. my wife turned down my alaram clock since she assumed its an error
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> my cat is in the cat hotel 😉
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> Haha
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> assuming doing something likt this
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> The old man cat (14 years) is not pleased with the development, but he's relaxing
<Armbian-Discord> <l​anefu> lol
<Armbian-Discord> <l​anefu> young punk in his spot
<Armbian-Discord> <l​anefu> alright i gotta get to other stuff ofr the day.. will probably followup on some stuff tonight
<Armbian-Discord> <l​anefu> go enjoy soem vacations
<Armbian-Discord> <I​gorPec> ok, see you l8rt
peterm6881 has joined #armbian
CrashTestDummy2 has joined #armbian
CrashTestDummy3 has quit [Ping timeout: 255 seconds]
loki_val has joined #armbian
crabbedhaloablut has quit [Ping timeout: 244 seconds]
archetyp has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
archetyp has joined #armbian
Toasty has joined #armbian
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> back
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> went and hung out but to humid out
peterm6881 has quit [Quit: Leaving]
<Armbian-Discord> <T​onymac32> It's only 70F ( 21 C ) here
<nekomancer[m]> 30°C here
* nekomancer[m] build helios64. still not power on.
archetyp has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
archetyp has joined #armbian
Toasty has quit [Ping timeout: 255 seconds]
archetyp has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
archetyp has joined #armbian
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> why not power onn
<Armbian-Discord> <r​neese> whats the issue
patrix has left #armbian [#armbian]