subbu has joined #jruby
subbu has quit [Ping timeout: 268 seconds]
subbu has joined #jruby
subbu has quit [Quit: Leaving]
<kares[m]> headius: no progress - I do not think I will find time to look into the JNR stuff anytime soon
<kares[m]> feel free to re-target or close ...
<kares[m]> fyi: still looking into the jossl issue - I ported some OpenSSL 1.1/1.0 verification logic that I though is the cause but seems I need to dig a bit deeper
<kares[m]> headius: with I missed the obvious thing while changing the logic
<kares[m]> ahorek's suggestions make the PR all 💚 any chance to reconsider this for ?
<headius> Yeah u think so
<headius> I think so
<headius> enebo: not sure what to do about that gem push issue, we have not been able to reproduce but there are two reports of it
<enebo[m]> headius: yeah I am not hitting it on linux either
<enebo[m]> I figure it must be some env config doing something ssl we are not when we run it
<headius> I'm giving it a try on a MacOS 11+ system now
<headius> but it is M1 and I'm running x86_64 JDK so it is a little different than his env
<enebo[m]> headius: I am going to change the mavenfile for jruby-jars to use
<enebo[m]> #6263
<headius> ok cool
<enebo[m]> I think unless you discover something on the gem push issue we just release what we have
<headius> enebo: no luck
<enebo[m]> I think punting all PR/issues marked will be offset by people trying 9.3.1 more and getting us more stabil quicker
<enebo[m]> several outstanding ones seems to be waiting on help or better repros too
<headius> yes I am fine with pushing 9.3.1 out and trying to get more into 9.3.2
<enebo[m]> yeah ok
<headius> I was mostly trying to intelligently punt these last 20 or so knowing they wouldn't make 9.3.1
<enebo[m]> I will spin some stuff today and make sure things are working. we will do typical release stuff tomorrow
<headius> this gem push thing was the one I wanted to get another try
<headius> ok
<enebo[m]> yeah that is one which I worry about since it is IO but if it is some combo with SSL then we already know we have some issues
<byteit101[m]> is likely to wait until 9.3.2? (it's not marked for any release now)
<headius> I think we should merge it
<headius> enebo any concerns?
<enebo[m]> looking at it
<enebo[m]> I think it is ok
<enebo[m]> It is funny when I see a one-line change it makes me more nervous :)
<enebo[m]> but this change looks good and it is at the beginning of the release series
<byteit101[m]> Note the inveerted test
<headius> Yeah we want the real class
<enebo[m]> yeah this new behavior is arguably more what someone would expect
<enebo[m]> but for 9.3 if this change really tricks someone up I would be pretty surprised. If it does I think they should probably reformulate how they are checking against the java class
<enebo[m]> like your spec does
<headius> Yeah
<headius> Merged!
<byteit101[m]> yay
<enebo[m]> cool
<JasonvanZyl[m]> If Polyglot Maven builds with Java11 will that cause a problem for you guys?
<headius> Will it only work on 11?
<headius> We are close to dropping Java 8 but we still need it for builds because of a bug in javac that has not made it to 11 yet
<headius> If it is built with 11 but still works on 8 we are fine